Here are some useful resources if you feel you need further support:
- Bluebell – a charity based in Bristol supporting mums, dads and families who are affected by antenatal or postnatal depression.
- Mothers for Mothers – a support group of mothers, most of whom have suffered postnatal depression or distress after the birth of one or more of their babies.
- Family Lives – a national family support charity providing help and support in all aspects of family life.
- NHS Choices – a portal to NHS services.
- Bristol Mental Health Crisis Service – The crisis service provides high-quality 24/7 support to people experiencing an extreme mental health or emotional crisis that requires help. Tel: 0300 555 0334
If you need to talk with someone about how you are feeling, you can contact your GP, Health Visitor or Midwife, your local Children’s Centre Family Support Team or call NHS 111.